Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Detox - Halfway There

"I think I can, I think I can"

We are half way through this week long detox journey, and I'd say it is working (Daniel would say he's hungry). It's true, only eating fruits, veggies, and white meat is a little harder than people think. First of all its expensive, and second of all it is a huge drop in calories which puts a toll on you. With that said, I know I'm being cleansed... I won't give you details but.... yeeeah.

Yesterday we went to Newport, KY to the Barnes & Noble right on the Ohio River. It was awesome. We walked across the river on the Purple People Bridge and walked along the river boardwalk. It was nice to see people jogging, exercising, and enjoying the sunset. The boardwalk is massive!! I can't wait to spend more time there. They have restaurants on both sides (OH and KY), parks, trails, shops. I loved it. It made me feel like I was on the Brooklyn Pier in NY. It was hard not to try some yummy ice cream from a famous parlor... but we'll just have to go back after we're detoxified.

Tonight Daniel and I are going canoeing with his work. GE plans a lot for it's employees, I like that :) Hopefully we are able to interact with people and just have a good time hanging out!

I'm totally missing Colorado right now... *sigh*

No comments: