Wednesday, August 20, 2008

In The Beginning...

This is suppose to be a simple ordeal, starting a blog. I am not very consistent in much that I do in life, so we'll see how long this blogging deal keeps up.

I plan to do a lot, and probably very little, with this here blog. I figure I can document all sorts of fun, not fun, enlightening, and memorable moments for others to enjoy. I can share gluten-free recipes with those who are gluten intolerant, and for those who are just looking to try something new. It should be interesting none-the-less, and an outlet for creativity.

I'll start with a little about my life. I'll go a few years back and work my way forward. I graduated from a small charter academy high school about 3 years ago. After transferring from a public high school after freshman year, I went to The Classical Academy for the last three years of high school. It was there I found myself, my interests, and my husband. After graduating, I went to The King's College in New York City. The school was in the basement of the Empire State Building. I LOVED it. I love New York City with my whole body. I plan on living there someday. I suppose I shouldn't plan on anything... let us just say I'm lobbying with God for Daniel landing an amazing job in NYC for a few years. Speaking of Daniel, it was this time that he entered my life. We were good friends in high school, but it was the summer before I left for NYC that we spent a lot of time together. We hiked Pikes Peak together that summer, and it was the first time that I really really really wanted to get to know this kid better.
This is us at the top of Pikes Peak.
Once I moved out to NYC, we talked everyday either via email or telephone. EVERYDAY. I'd never kept in touch so well with anyone. He was interested in my life and how I was doing. I liked that. There was always an ear to listen, and a witty comment when I needed one. He soon became my best friend. Since we were long distance, nothing really moved from a friendship while I was away. However, I had high hopes for that Christmas break of 2006. We were inseparable the whole vacation. I'm sure I'll tell many stories of Daniel, but there is one in particular that sent me head over heals for this boy. It was a ridiculously stormy morning, in fact, I'm pretty sure Colorado Springs was under a blizzard warning. Snow made it impossible to drive, the weather really was frightful. I talked to Daniel on the phone, he said he wanted to hang out. I thought, actually knew, he was crazy. There was no way to get anywhere! Twenty minutes later my doorbell rings, and I open the door to this 6"4' boy covered with snow up to his waist, and his face covered in icicles. He really was going to hangout, and he ran from his house (which was about 2 miles away) to my house just to hang out. I knew from the beginning, but he continuously reminds me how much he cares for me. I have never opened the car door for myself, never walked on the street side of the sidewalk, and never had a doubt in my mind that Daniel Mesward was the man God sent me. Okay, enough gooshy-ness. Fast Forward. Just less than a year later we got engaged (I'll tell you that story soon), and six months after that we got married. 06-07-08: I married my best friend. The best day of my life. I'll save that story for later.This is us about to go to his senior prom (he is a year younger than me).
So where am I now? To make a long story short... Daniel goes to a really awesome school called Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology in Terre Haute, Indiana. He's studying Mechanical Engineering. So, we are here...(there)...in Terre Haute. I'm taking the year off to get residency, and he's going to catch up the year in school. It's perfect. I'm hopefully going to go to ISU in Terre Haute next year, and we'll graduate the same time. We live a quaint little home that we decorated accordingly, and we pretty much love being married. I'm sure I'll be writing a lot about my life as a barista at Starbucks... and I'll share with you the agony that Daniel goes through with school :)
Thus ends my first blog. I'm excited. Let's just hope it goes beyond this.

No comments: